AmigaActive (1217/2143)

From:kristiangk
Date:16 May 2000 at 17:16:29
Subject:Re: Beneath a Steel Sky

You are now entering the * NOSTALGIA ZONE * ....... (cue crappy music)

Anyway, Beneath a Steel Sky....

Alan Bailey has lost his Security Booklet. Well, join the club, I have lost
not only my Beneath a Steel Sky protection, but my Fury of the Furries one
too and loads more......
My solution is to simply do away with the need of the protection cards.
The AmigaGamesPatchList on the Aminet sorted me out telling you how to "hack
out" protection that either ruins the gameplay (Frontier) or just irritates
you.
Also if you own the original you can download cracked games off the internet,
thus making people much happier not having to trapse across rooms, hunting
for a thin piece of non-descript card to play a game.

I have also found graphical glitches in Beneath a Steel Sky. For example, in
the radioactive room when you access the computer and you see the temperature
of the chambre in degrees Kelvin there is a mess of red pixels that look like
two zeros. AND in the LINC computer when you first get in, the box I examined
had text which was messed up. I STILL don't know how to avoid the bug where
the game freezes when you press button 1, and am rapidly becoming annoyed.

SuperStardust is another of my favourites. And guess what.... it refuses to
work on my 060/75!!! Hooray!!! It automatically reboots and then crashes :)
I have a temporary solution though. If you type in "SuperStardust Xx" in a
DOS Shell the game doesn't reboot. Ignore the requesters and the game runs.
The game crashes if you don't install setpatch. BUT with setpatch the games
music becomes a bit garbled and the game judders and hiccups everywhere
making it unplayable.

If you have read all this then you have more spare time than I have right now
:)

So long and thanks for all the fish,
Kris,